Land Stewardship Project (LSP) has been with us from the onset! The organization participated in the development of the Twin Cities Agricultural Land Trust through hosting and facilitating meetings, conducting research visits about potential land trust solutions, and supporting a land trust structure that puts gardeners and farmers in the driver’s seat.
LSP became involved with and supports TCALT because of a clear message from members that urban and rural farmers need more secure, affordable land tenure, more power in the land tenure process, and more community based tools to use towards that goal.
LSP is a member organization that fosters an ethic of stewardship for farmland, promotes sustainable agriculture, and develops sustainable communities. Farmer, rural, and urban LSP members are dedicated to creating transformational change in our food and farming system. LSP’s work has a broad and deep impact, from new farmer training and local organizing, to federal policy and community based food systems development. With offices in Lewiston, Montevideo and Minneapolis, LSP focuses on the core values of stewardship, justice and democracy.
Consider joining the Land Stewardship Project here and check out the following resources:
– Seeking Farmers- Seeking Land Clearinghouse: http://landstewardshipproject.org/morefarmers/lspfarmernetwork/seekingfarmersseekinglandclearinghouse
– Farm Beginnings: http://landstewardshipproject.org/morefarmers
– Just Food for All: http://landstewardshipproject.org/stewardshipfood/justfoodforall
– Policy and Organizing updates http://landstewardshipproject.org/organizingforchange
– CSA and Stewardship Food Directories http://landstewardshipproject.org/stewardshipfood/findingjustfood